The NAHB’s Economics and Housing Policy surveyed over 3,000 builders, designers, architects, manufacturers, and housing marketing specialists to forecast the characteristics of the average single-family detached home in 2015.
Can you guess the results? Take this quiz and see how well you do (answers posted at the bottom).
1. Size: The average new single-family home will be:
a. Larger, between 2800 and 3000 square feet
b. Stay the same (2496 square feet)
c. Smaller between 2000 and 2,400 square feet
2. will be a top priority in a home built in 2015.
3. New home will have more green features, low-E windows, engineered wood products, and:
a. Use water efficiently
b. Solar energy
c. Radiant heat
4. True or False: Two-car garages remain high on homeowners’ priority lists.
5. True or False: The formal living room will be either combined with another room or completely disappear.
6. True or False: First-floor master bedrooms with walk-in closets will be a priority.
How did you do? BoninArchitects has various architectural services to help you design, build, or remodel a home that fits your priorities – now, in 2011 or in the future. Call or stop by to set up a free consultation!
Answers: 1.c; 2.b; 3.a.; 4.True; 5.True; 6.True.